Wayne County Eviction Diversion Partners

Courts, legal aid, and local Housing Assessment and Resource Agencies (HARAs) have been working together to help people facing eviction. This help can include:

  • Free legal help from your local Legal Aid to protect your rights during the eviction process;
  • Housing assistance, including possible rental assistance, from your local HARA.

The legal aid and HARA resources for your county are listed below:

Detroit/Highland Park/Hamtramck:

  • HARA: Homeless Action Network of Detroit (HAND), Call 313-305-0311

Rest of Wayne County:

  • Lakeshore Legal Aid via Counsel and Advocacy Law Line: 888-783-8190 or use the Guide to Legal Help to apply online.

  • HARA: Wayne Metropolitan CAA, Call (734) 284-6999.

Related Counties