Washtenaw County Eviction Diversion Partners

Courts, legal aid, and local Housing Assessment and Resource Agencies (HARAs) have been working together to help people facing eviction. This help can include:

  • Free legal help from your local Legal Aid to protect your rights during the eviction process;
  • Housing assistance, including possible rental assistance, from your local HARA.

The legal aid and HARA resources for your county are listed below:

To reach Legal Services of South Central Michigan, call 734-665-6181 between 9:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Going to the walk-in clinic is another option (see below).

Landlord/Tenant Walk-in Clinic for New Clients:

If your landlord filed an eviction case against you in court, you can meet with a lawyer on a walk-in basis at the Washtenaw office of Legal Services on Tuesdays between 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. and Thursdays between 2:00 and 3:30 p.m. Clients who already have an open case with the Washtenaw office should contact their lawyer directly. Tenants who haven't had a case filed against them should call the Counsel and Advocacy Law Line at (888) 783-8190.

You may also be able to get housing assistance from the HARA: Housing Access for Washtenaw County. Call 734-961-1999 to contact them.

Related Counties