The Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) is a resource center for advocates seeking equal justice for Michigan’s immigrants. MIRC works to build a thriving Michigan where immigrant communities are fully integrated and respected.
The Michigan Immigrant Rights Center:
- Provides education and training about immigration law including access to public benefits, family law and child welfare, civil rights, and worker’s rights.
- Answers questions and provides technical support to attorneys and advocates serving low-income immigrants.
- Recruits, trains, and mentors volunteer pro bono attorneys.
- Represents individual clients in priority areas including naturalization and citizenship matters and the rights of survivors of domestic violence, refugees, and unaccompanied minors.
- Promotes respect and understanding among immigrants and receiving communities through our Welcoming Michigan initiative.