The mission of the Immigration Assistance Program (IAP) is to provide the indigent immigrant population of the nine counties of the Diocese of Kalamazoo with low-cost, competent legal representation in their immigration matters.
The IAP also seeks to make available to our community in all of its various sectors information on the status of the immigrant within our diocese, state and nationwide.
The IAP provides legal representation to eligible clients in the following areas and more:
- Applications for Adjustment of Status for family members
- Applications for Naturalization
- Petitions for Victims of Domestic Violence and other victims of crimes
- Petitions for Alien Relatives
- Temporary Status Protection Renewal or Initial Applications
- Applications for Green Card Renewal
In addition, the IAP provides the following services to non-clients:
- Referrals to appropriate legal services for civil and criminal matters
- Information on the rights of immigrants and undocumented persons
- Educational seminars for church members, migrant farm workers, community groups, attorneys and service providers