The Good Samaritan Rescue Mission of Bay City is an emergency shelter for the homeless. Counselors meet with each client to identify services needed. The goal is to fully address the needs faced by the homeless individual or family, to assist them with the immediate need for shelter, and to provide the tools that will lead them to become a productive member of the community.
The Men’s Emergency Shelter has beds for thirty-four men. The Women's Emergency Shelter provides sixty-four emergency shelter beds for women and children.
Other services provided:
- Clothing for all clients in need.
- All clients have access to daily showers, personal-hygiene materials, and a safe, clean environment.
- Client referrals to agencies that can assist them in their specific need.
- Life Skill classes with instructions in areas of money management, nutrition and hygiene.
- Food baskets are distributed twice a month to low-income families from the Bay Area.