The Fair Housing Center of Southwest Michigan (FHC) is a private non-profit organization that works to ensure equal housing opportunities for residents regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, familial status, religion, age or marital status in Southwest Michigan.
The Fair Housing Center of Southwest Michigan is committed to eliminating all forms of housing discrimination in Southwest Michigan through fair housing education, enforcement and advocacy.
- Investigate complaints based on discrimination
- Obtain evidence through enforcement
- Initiate complaints and/or litigation assistance
- Conduct conferences, training programs and services
- Evaluate fair housing practices
- Assist businesses, neighborhood groups, agencies and units of government to develop fair housing goals, plans, strategies and actions