Alger Marquette Community Action Board (AMCAB) is a local Community Action Agency serving residents of Alger and Marquette Counties in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Eligibility for AMCAB programs varies from age to income. Please don’t assume you are either eligible, or not eligible, for any specific program. Programs include:
- Early childhood education including Head Start preschool programs in Alger and Marquette counties.
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Emergency heating and utility assistance.
- Tax assistance for individuals and families in e-filing their Federal income taxes for the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program of Michigan (CSFP) which provides low-income participants with a supplement to their current food supply
- The Senior Nutrition Programs including congregate & home delivered meals (Meals-on-Wheels)