For complete results, select the county where you live or where your case is filed:

Select county

Do-It-Yourself Motion to Set Aside Default (Consumer Debt)

If you have received a default or default judgment after someone sued you to collect a debt, you can ask the judge to set aside that default. You will need to do this if you want the court to hear your side of the story before making a final decision. Use this tool to prepare forms to ask the court to set aside a default. You will go to the LawHelp Interactive website to do this. After you answer the questions, your finished form will be ready to print.

If you want a blank version of this form to fill in on your own, you can download a copy from the Michigan One Court of Justice website